At Scala Advance, we develop brilliant leaders able to achieve exceptional results. We do this by gaining a deep understanding of our clients, working in partnership to develop strategies for change. We want you to do more than improve. We want you to gain the strength and understanding you need to transform your leadership impact.
The facts on gender imbalance in leadership at work make for stark reading:
· Globally, women hold less than a quarter of all senior roles. This has crept up by 1% in the past year, and just 6% since 2004
· In small and medium enterprises, 21% are led by women
· Just seven FTSE 100 companies have a female CEO, and there’s just one in the top 50 – Emma Walmsley of GlaxoSmithKline
· In fact, there are more men called David (9) who are FTSE 100 CEOs than women
· In Ireland, just 14% of CEOs and COOs are women
When a goal is achieved in your team or organisation, what happens next?
It’s natural to want to recognise and celebrate achievements. Acknowledging a job well done is a vital part of the process of development.
But there’s a risk: complacency.
If we focus too much on what’s done, we often forget about what’s still to do. We look back, rather than forward to the next job, and the next goal.
“An excellent vision workshop, which really got you thinking outside of your comfort zone in a very good, creative way. Susan demonstrated really good knowledge of the business world, a good broad knowledge making it relevant to the session, I wanted to discuss my business with Susan. I found the session inspirational, it was excellent to have the opportunity and structure to step back and think about the business.”