Lead a high-performing team
A hallmark of a high performing team is its ability to create change and raise standards. Teams succeed when they are led effectively, working together towards a common goal.
Sometimes, teams lose their way. When this happens, it is up to leaders to reinvigorate the team climate, developing positive new behaviours and instigating changes in the team culture.
Working with leaders and teams
We can work with you as a leader and your team (as individuals and as a whole) to help you improve performance. We work with teams facing change and uncertainty, guiding them through difficult circumstances, addressing problems and building trust.
We start by gaining an understanding of where a team is at, where it needs to be, and what needs to happen to get it there. We’ll often use our Team Brand Assessment tool to start the process. This fast-tracks everyone’s views and gives everyone the chance to contribute and understand each others’ perspectives.
- Guide teams to create vision and purpose, and build trust.
- Help team members assess each other honestly and receive those assessments in turn.
- Develop a focus on behaviours: the ability to build positive behaviours, and to challenge those that aren’t helpful.
- Develop a focus on strengths. People who use their strengths every day are six times more likely to be engaged on the job. Teams that focus on their strengths are 5% more productive (Gallup).
- Establish markers for success, asking ‘how will you know when this has been successful?’
- Establish accountability and consequences: who will you challenge and how if you don’t follow through?
There is no one perfect way to lead a team, but we have worked with hundreds of teams, and have our own tried and tested methods for success. We’ll use our knowledge to guide your team to success.